8-12-2017 Jeffrey Gaines!
For the third performance in our free and family-friendly 2017 Arts in the Park, Friends of Glen Providence Park is delighted to present Jeffrey Gaines! Raised in Harrisburg, PA, this singer-songwriter has been heralded for his soul-searching lyrics and his powerful live performances. With only his voice and a guitar for accompaniment, Jeffrey Gaines has earned a reputation as a captivating performer, entertaining audiences everywhere he goes.
Arts in the Park
Saturday, August 12
Glen Providence Park Stage, State Street, Media
Rain date: Sunday, August 13
The Philadelphia Inquirer described Gaines as “an ethereal soul… insistent, impassioned, full of self-knowledge.” The Boston Globe declared that “Gaines’ soulful, wounded vocals make a case for his being one of pop’s finest singers…” His concerts are known to be exciting and spontaneous, with Gaines letting fans influence the songs he performs.
Bring a blanket or chair, and relax on the lawn by the historical stage for an early evening concert! After the performance, head into Media for dinner and shopping, just 2 blocks away on State Street. As with all of our events, this performance is free, family-friendly, and open to the public.
- Concert Sponsor – Shere-e-Punjab Indian Restaurant earned its popularity with delicious dishes made from freshly prepared spices – and the family-owned restaurant is located just 2 blocks from the entrance to the park!
- Concert Series Sponsor Media Recreation Board does so much for Media – including summer camp for kids, movies in Barrall Field, the Annual July 4th Celebration, and the Great Media Garage Sale Days.
- Concert Series Sponsor West End Walk is the exciting new development of townhouses along the edge of the park, by the main entrance.
- Delaware County Parks & Recreation has cared for Glen Providence Park since its creation on Halloween, 1935!
- This summer’s Arts in the Park was made possible by funding from Project Stream, a grant initiative of the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts that is regionally administered by the Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance. Additional support for Project Stream is provided by PECO.
If the weather is questionable, we will post on Facebook and on our website by noon Saturday whether we will use our Sunday rain date.
For logistics, and for information on our June, July, and September performances, please see our 2017 Arts in the Park announcement!