9-9-2017 Eco Del Sur!
For the penultimate* performance in our free and family-friendly 2017 Arts in the Park, Friends of Glen Providence Park is delighted to present Eco del Sur for Andean & Latin American folk music! Founded in 2000 by musicians from Colombia and Ecuador, Eco Del Sur means “Echoes of the South.” They play a wide range of styles and rhythms influenced by the Pre-Columbian, Spanish, and African cultural heritages.
Arts in the Park
Saturday, September 9
Glen Providence Park Stage, State Street, Media
Rain date: Sunday, September 10
Eco Del Sur’s amazing array of musical instruments includes traditional and indigenous ones created by the Pre-Columbian civilizations more than 5,000 years ago… used to play famous Latin American songs that are now part of the world popular culture!
Bring a blanket or chair, and relax on the lawn by the historical stage for a late afternoon concert! After the performance, head into Media for dinner and shopping, just 2 blocks away on State Street. As with all of our events, this performance is free, family-friendly, and open to the public.
- Concert Sponsor Diego’s Cantina & Tequila Bar makes traditional peasant style food from the Puebla region of Mexico, on a wood burning grill. And it’s located just over 2 blocks from the entrance to the park!
- Concert Series Sponsor Media Recreation Board does so much for Media – including summer camp for kids, movies in Barrall Field, the Annual July 4th Celebration, and the Great Media Garage Sale Days.
- Concert Series Sponsor West End Walk is the exciting new development of townhouses along the edge of the park, by the main entrance.
- Delaware County Parks & Recreation has cared for Glen Providence Park since its creation on Halloween, 1935!
- This summer’s Arts in the Park was made possible by funding from Project Stream, a grant initiative of the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts that is regionally administered by the Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance. Additional support for Project Stream is provided by PECO.
If the weather is questionable, we will post on Facebook and on our website by noon Saturday whether we will use our Sunday rain date.
For logistics, and for information on our other summer performances, please see our 2017 Arts in the Park announcement! *Eco del Sur was originally to be the final performance in our summer series, but the Jeffrey Gaines concert, originally scheduled for August 12, was rescheduled to September 23.