Rain, snow, or shine!
Join us for a winter walk in Glen Providence Park with Naturalist Chris McNichol, as he shows us the park through his eyes. Chris is a wealth of information on many topics – he teaches boat building, survival skills, rocketry, woodworking, fire starting, foraging, and mechanics at Open Connections, a local homeschool resource center. This will be the third winter walk that he has led for us!
- Meet at entrance at 3rd & West Streets, Media
- As always, kids are welcome!
- Estimated time: 2 hours
- Be prepared for steep hills, and uneven (possibly wet or snowy) terrain: wear your hiking shoes, and bring a hiking pole if you use one.
Rain date Saturday, March 24
Join us for a geology tour of Glen Providence Park! We are bringing back one of our most popular walks – Charles Randall will explain the geological history of the area, and he’ll put the rocks of the park into the regional picture. To supplement the rocks we can find, he will bring samples of what’s likely to be under the biology.
- * Please note the location- we are starting at the entrance at Third and West Streets in Media. *
- Be prepared for uneven (possibly wet) terrain: wear sturdy shoes that can get wet.
- Free & family-friendly
- If the weather is questionable, we will post on Facebook and our website on Saturday whether we use our raindate (the following Saturday).