It’s exciting to be a part of history – and it’s important to protect the historic landmarks in our community. Glen Providence Park has a rich history, but until 2011, there was no community organization dedicated to the preservation and enhancement of Glen Providence Park. As an all-volunteer, grassroots organization, we need your support.
The compelling reason to donate is to support the beautification, advocacy and educational programs that FrOG conducts on behalf of and within Glen Providence Park.
Your donation will help:
- to purchase trees, shrubs and equipment to restore and beautify the park,
- to organize concerts and other festive events that will attract more of the community to enjoy the park, and
- to enhance our educational and citizen science activities,
- to support our advocacy campaign to limit the environmental damage to the park from the Third Street Bridge Project.
Since FrOG was founded in July 2011, the organization has successfully:
- educated citizens about the park’s history and natural environment,
- mobilized volunteers for park cleanups and other events, and
- organized the community to protect Glen Providence Park.
To make a contribution, click the PayPal button above, or mail a check payable to “Friends of Glen Providence Park” to P.O. Box 1688, Media, PA, 19063. Friends of Glen Providence Park is an all-volunteer, tax-exempt 501(c)3 organization as provided by IRS regulations.
For more information, please contact Lisa Johnson, Chair of the FrOG Fundraising Committee, at donateATglenprovidencepark.org.
The Friends of Glen Providence Park Board