16th Annual CRC Streams Cleanup
Friends of Glen Providence Park is proud to be helping the Chester-Ridley-Crum Watersheds Association (CRC) with their 16th Annual Streams Cleanup! This year CRC volunteers will remove trash at 24 sites along Chester, Ridley and Crum Creeks and their tributaries, including Broomall’s Run in Glen Providence Park. This is an incredibly successful event- at the 2012 CRC Cleanups, 369 volunteers collected over 7 tons of trash!
Stream Cleanup information:
– Meet at the Glen Providence Park main entrance on West State Street in Media at 9:00 am.
– Gloves and bags will be provided.
– We recommend long pants and long sleeves to protect against poison ivy and ticks.
– If you’d like to tackle trash along the streambank, wear water shoes, boots, or old shoes!
– In addition to stream cleanup, we may have other projects for you to choose- such as clearing invasive plants along the trails.
Please register for the cleanup through the CRC website to get a free participant t-shirt and picnic lunch, and so that CRC can plan for supply quantities.
The lunch will be held at:
Ridley Creek State Park
11:45 am -1:00 pm
For more information, including a listing of other cleanup sites for May 4, visit the CRC website. Or feel free to contact us at FriendsoftheGlen[AT]gmail.com with any questions about the Glen Providence Park cleanup.
We hope to see you May 4!