CRC Streams Cleanup & Nature-Inspired Art
Glen Providence Park is one of over 30 locations where you can volunteer.
2016 Stream Cleanup information:
- ** Please register for the cleanup through the CRC website to get a free participant t-shirt and picnic lunch, and so that CRC can plan for supply quantities. **
- Meet at the Glen Providence Park main entrance on West State Street in Media at 9:00 am.
- Rain or shine.
- Gloves and bags will be provided.
- We recommend long pants and long sleeves to protect against poison ivy and ticks.
- If you’d like to tackle trash along the streambank, wear water shoes, boots, or old shoes!
- In addition to stream cleanup, we may have other projects for you to choose from – such as clearing invasive plants along the trails.
Bonus for volunteers of all ages: Nature-Inspired Art!
Before the cleanup finishes at Glen Providence Park, volunteers can have an additional reward – an art project under the majestic oak tree by the stage! Use yarn and acrylic (permanent) paint to transform sticks and rocks into art. Come back throughout spring and summer to see how many you can find on your explorations! Free and open to all ages. Led by Art For Everyone & Media Arts Council.
The CRC lunch will be held at:
Ridley Creek State Park
We hope to see you April 30!