Early Spring Cleanup (snow date!)
SNOW DATE: Friday’s snow will make it tricky to see any trash, so we will use our Sunday “rain date” to allow Saturday’s warmer temperatures to melt off some snow! We’ll meet at 10:00am Sunday at the main entrance…
Join us for our Early Spring Cleanup in Glen Providence Park! Depending on conditions with the stream level, mud, and remaining snow, we will have a few possible projects including those listed below – you can choose where you want to help!
- Invasives Removal! Help keep the trails clear and give the native plants some room to grow.
- Large trash: Now that the snow is melting, we will check to see if there are any remaining tires or other large items that were hidden last year.
- Trail Cleanup: Of course, there is always trash clean-up – early spring is a good time to tackle trash that has blown into odd spots, before the vegetation grows!
- Stream Cleanup: Those with waterproof foot gear can help clear any debris from the stream bank.
Rain date: Sunday, March 22
Please register by emailing FriendsoftheGlen[AT]gmail[DOT]com so we can plan for project teams.
- Meet at the Glen Providence Park main entrance on West State Street in Media at 9:00 am.
- Bring gloves if you have them. Additional gloves generously provided by CRC Watersheds Association.
- If you’d like to tackle trash along the streambank, wear water proof boots!
- If you’d like to help remove invasives, bring pruners if you have them.
- If you’d like to help remove large trash, bring a shovel!
Our rain date is Sunday, March 22 at 9:00 am. If the weather is not clear, we will post here and on our facebook wall by 8:45 am Saturday advising whether we will use the rain date.