3-17-2013 Early Spring Cleanup
Join us for our Early Spring Cleanup in Glen Providence Park! This is the first of our three main volunteer days we have scheduled this year: the next two are CRC Watersheds Annual Streams Cleanup in May, and National Public Lands Day in September. We also have regular Invasive Plant Removal Days – see our 2013 Schedule of Events for more information on our volunteer days and nature walks!
Early Spring Clean-up!
Saturday, March 16
rain date Sunday, March 17
Glen Providence Park – main entrance
Friday night update: Due to the forecast of rain & possibly snow(!), we will use the rain date of Sunday, March 17 at 9am. We’ll provide Seven Stones coffee!
In this cleanup, we will tackle a few projects- you can choose where you want to help!
– Stage Cleanup: We will clear the concert stage of winter debris, to start preparing for this summer’s concert series!
– Invasives Removal! Help keep the trails clear and give the native plants some room to grow.
– Large trash: We have spotted a few tires in unlikely locations, let’s dig them out and remove them!
– Trail Cleanup: Of course, there is always trash clean-up- early spring is a good time to tackle trash that has blown into odd spots, before the vegetation grows!
Meet at the Glen Providence Park main entrance on West State Street in Media at 9:00 am. Bring gloves if you have them. Additional gloves generously provided by CRC Watersheds Association. We recommend long pants and long sleeves to protect against poison ivy and ticks.
– If you’d like to tackle trash along the streambank, wear water shoes, boots, or old shoes!
– If you’d like to help remove invasives, bring pruners if you have them.
– If you’d like to help remove some tires, bring a shovel!
Our rain date is Sunday, March 17 at 9:00 am. If the weather is not clear, we will post here and on our facebook wall by 8:45 am Saturday advising whether we will use the rain date.
To add this event to your favorite calendar program (iCal, Outlook, Google, etc.), view the event listing on our calendar.