2015 Summer Concert Series!
It’s just over one month to the start of our 2015 Summer Concert Series in Glen Providence Park! We are delighted to present our fourth year of concerts during this 80th anniversary year of Glen Providence Park. At our July concert, we’ll celebrate the 80th anniversary weekend of the park deed being signed! We will present four concerts this summer: 1920’s Hot Jazz, Jazz-Rock & Soul Fusion, a Classical Woodwind Quintet, and a teen rock concert(!).
Summer Afternoon Concerts in the Park!
Saturdays: June 6, July 25, August 29 & September 12
with Sunday rain dates
Enjoy a late afternoon performance at the historical concert stage, then walk 2 blocks into town for dinner and shopping on State Street!
Mark your calendars:
This Concert Series is made possible with the generous sponsorship of the Media Recreation Board and the Media Rotary Foundation. Additional funding is provided by restaurant sponsors (within blocks of the park’s main entrance!), and donations from individuals like you!
We are grateful to Delaware County Parks & Recreation, without whose support these concerts would not be possible. And thank you to our volunteers who clean and decorate the stage for each concert.
- Free and family-friendy!
- Performances are at the Glen Providence Park Stage, by the main entrance on State Street in Media.
- Rain dates are the Sunday after each scheduled performance. If the rain date is used, the decision will be posted by 12:00 noon Saturday on our website and Facebook.
- Seating is on the lawn – bring your blanket or chair, and perhaps bug spray!
- There is a parking lot at the State Street entrance and along State Street and West Street.
- We encourage you to walk or take public transportation: the main entrance is just 2 blocks from the end of the Media trolley line, or less than a .6 mile walk from the Media train station.
More details on each concert coming soon!
- Read about the decades of concerts in the park, from 1937 to the 1970’s.
- Read recaps and see photos from our past concerts.
- Read about our September 2011 project to restore the concert stage.