4-30-2016 CRC Streams Cleanup & Nature-Inspired Art!
Friends of Glen Providence Park is proud to be helping the Chester-Ridley-Crum Watersheds Association (CRC) with their 19th Annual Streams Cleanup! This year CRC volunteers will remove trash at more than 30 sites along Chester, Ridley and Crum Creeks and their tributaries, including Broomall’s Run in Glen Providence Park.
19th Annual CRC Streams Cleanup Day
Saturday, April 30
Glen Providence Park – main entrance
* Lunch & t-shirts provided for registered volunteers – more information below *
The Annual Streams Cleanup is just one of many activities that CRC undertakes to further its mission “To protect, conserve, and restore the natural resources of the Chester, Ridley, and Crum Creek watersheds.” This is our fifth year coordinating the CRC Streams Cleanup for Glen Providence Park.
2016 Stream Cleanup information:
- ** Please register for the cleanup through the CRC website to get a free participant t-shirt and picnic lunch, and so that CRC can plan for supply quantities. **
- Meet at the Glen Providence Park main entrance on West State Street in Media at 9:00 am.
- Rain or shine.
- Gloves and bags will be provided.
- We recommend long pants and long sleeves to protect against poison ivy and ticks.
- If you’d like to tackle trash along the streambank, wear water shoes, boots, or old shoes!
- In addition to stream cleanup, we may have other projects for you to choose from – such as clearing invasive plants along the trails.
Bonus for volunteers of all ages: Nature-Inspired Art!
Before the cleanup finishes at Glen Providence Park, volunteers can have an additional reward – an art project under the majestic oak tree by the stage! Use yarn and acrylic (permanent) paint to transform sticks and rocks into art. Once dry, the art will be placed around the Park to add to its beauty. Come back throughout spring and summer to see how many you can find on your explorations! Free and open to all ages. Led by Art For Everyone & Media Arts Council.
The CRC lunch will be held at:
Ridley Creek State Park
We hope to see you April 30!