7-8-2017 Splintered Sunlight!
For the second performance in our free and family-friendly 2017 Arts in the Park, Friends of Glen Providence Park is delighted to present Splintered Sunlight! The band has been thrilling audiences with its authentic tribute to the Grateful Dead for 25 years. Fans of all music get hooked by their stage energy and diverse musical selections including originals.
Arts in the Park
Saturday, July 8
Glen Providence Park Stage, State Street, Media
Rain date: Sunday, July 9
Bring a blanket or chair, and relax on the lawn by the historical stage for a late afternoon concert! After the performance, head into Media for dinner and shopping, just 2 blocks away on State Street. As with all of our events, this performance is free, family-friendly, and open to the public.
- Performance Sponsor Sterling Pig Brewery, the exciting restaurant located on the border of Glen Providence Park, just one block from the main entrance!
- Concert Series Sponsor Media Recreation Board does so much for Media – including summer camp for kids, movies in Barrall Field, the Annual July 4th Celebration, and the Great Media Garage Sale Days.
- Concert Series Sponsor West End Walk is the exciting new development of townhouses along the edge of the park, by the main entrance.
- Delaware County Parks & Recreation has cared for Glen Providence Park since its creation on Halloween, 1935!
- This summer’s Arts in the Park was made possible by funding from Project Stream, a grant initiative of the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts that is regionally administered by the Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance. Additional support for Project Stream is provided by PECO.
If the weather is questionable, we will post on Facebook and on our website by noon Saturday whether we will use our Sunday rain date.
For logistics, and for information on our June, August, and September performances, please see our 2017 Arts in the Park announcement!