9-30-2017 Plantings for National Public Lands Day!
On National Public Lands Day, the Friends of Glen Providence Park will again plant native trees and shrubs in the glen. This is our 6th annual planting project, working to improve wildlife habitat, reduce erosion, and beautify the park!
Native Tree & Shrub Planting!
Saturday, September 30
rain date Sunday, October 1
Glen Providence Park – main entrance
550 W. State Street, Media, PA
This is one of our most popular and fun events! We are incredibly grateful to Delaware County Parks & Recreation for providing funds for this project, to the Delaware County Conservation District for the use of its Conservation Planting Trailer and supplies, and to Taylor Memorial Arboretum for donating some of the trees and shrubs.
To help us plan our time effectively, and to plan for refreshments, we ask that you RSVP for this event at FriendsoftheGlen [AT] gmail.com – please let us know the number of volunteers in your party.
We will update this description as we identify other relevant details for volunteers. Please contact us to register.
Estimated time: 9:00am-12:00pm
Lunch and drinks will be provided for registered volunteers.
Activities will include:
- digging holes for the trees and shrubs
- spreading woodchips
- installing deer protection around trees and shrubs
- Of course, we also welcome anyone who wants to participate by picking up trash along the trails and stream!
- We will provide the equipment, including shovels, spades, rakes, and wheelbarrows – but if you have favorite tools, feel free to bring them!
- Bring work gloves if you have them.
Our rain date is Sunday, October 1 at 9:00 am. If the weather is not clear, we will post here and on our facebook wall by 8:45 am Saturday advising whether we will use the rain date.
Thank you, we hope to see you on National Public Lands Day!