Who We Are
Founded in July 2011, Friends of Glen Providence Park is an all-volunteer, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization working to preserve and enhance the natural and historic resource of Delaware County’s oldest park.
Our activities include:
- conducting nature appreciation and education events at Glen Providence Park
- organizing volunteers to maintain and improve Glen Providence Park
- citizen science projects to study and document the plants and wildlife in Glen Providence Park
- advocating for public policies that support Glen Providence Park
- researching, documenting and preserving the history of Glen Providence Park
Our events to date include park clean-ups, summer concerts, planting days, and history and nature walks – check out our 2018 Schedule of Events! You can browse the Categories and Tags on the right to learn more.
Read our 2012 Annual Report, 2013 Annual Report, and 2014-2015 Biennial Report, each full of photos, to learn more about our past activities. Or read a bulleted “Friends of Glen Providence Park by the numbers” covering our activities in our first 5 years.
Friends of Glen Providence Park holds monthly meetings, and we are actively seeking new volunteers. For more information or to get involved, sign up for our newsletter (on the home page), visit our facebook page, or contact us.